Please read our newsletter for August 2023.
We want to tell you about all the great things the GeneEQUAL team is doing.
The GeneEQUAL team has made a toolkit for health professionals.
This includes advice on how to do health care that is
- inclusive and
The Educational Package was co-designed with people with intellectual disability and health professionals.
- Advice for health professionals on the Centre for Genetics Education website.
- Information on how we made the toolkit.
- Our health videos – which show how to do good health care.
- Our Easy Read genetics booklets.
Please have a look and share with your health professionals.
If you are a health professional, please let us know what you think by doing our short survey.
Anyone can also let us know what they think.
GeneEQUAL co-produced Easy Read booklets
- with people with intellectual disability.
There are 6 booklets
- About genetic health care
- Genes and genetic conditions
- How to make a genetics appointment
- Get ready to go to the genetic clinic
- Tips about genetic health care
- What is research?
We hope they will help people
- learn more about genetic health care
- decide if they want to go to a genetic clinic
You can download the booklets for free by clicking each link.
If you want us to send you a booklet in the post let us know.
You can find our contact details on our Connect page.
Please share with health professionals you know. Please also ask them to do this quick survey.
You can also let the GeneEQUAL team know what you think.
About genetic health care
This booklet explains what genetic health care is.
Genes and genetic conditions
This booklet explains what genes and genetic conditions are and can be used as part of genetic counselling.
Making a genetic appointment
This booklet is designed to help people with intellectual disability and their support people make a genetic clinic appointment.
Get ready to go to the genetic clinic
This booklet can be shared with a person with intellectual disability before a clinic appointment. It has space for including details of the appointment.
Tips about genetic health care
This booklet provides information about genetic clinics, including advice on the difference between public and private clinics and healthcare rights.
What is research?
This booklet explains what research means.