- The sort of information (or data) we may collect when you use our site
- How we may use that information.
What information do we collect?
Our website collects two types of information.
This information does not tell us who you are. Almost every website collects this type of information.
- Which pages people visit on our website
- How long they stay on each page
- Which files are downloaded
- What sort of computers or mobile phones are used
- In what areas users live (also called ‘geolocation’).
Our website does not automatically collect:
- People’s names
- When they were born
- Which street they live on.
We use this type of information all together. We do not look at how individual people use our site.
If you sign up to receive our newsletter, we will ask your name, your organisation, for example who you work for or what volunteer work you do, and your email address.
We will store this information in a place that only we can get to.
What do we do with your information?
We use this information to:
- Look at how many people are using the site
- See which pages are being visited most often.
We do this to make the GeneEQUAL website better for everyone.
We only keep your personal information, so we know how to send a newsletter to you
Will we ever share your information?
Your information will never be shared unless we must by law.
We will never sell the information we collect.
What about videos embedded from other websites?
Can I access my personal information?
You have a right to access the personal information we keep. You can also ask us to change it.
Please contact the GeneEQUAL Privacy Officer (we say how just below).
Complaints about privacy
Please contact us if you have any worries or concerns about privacy.
Privacy Contact Officer
GeneEQUAL’s Privacy Contact Officer is Emma Palmer.
You can contact Emma via GeneEQUAL.
Phone: 02 9348 1601